Biodegradation and Sorption in Contaminant Transport
BIO1D is a one-dimensional modeling code which simulates biodegradation and sorption in contaminant transport. The objective was to provide an interactive, user-friendly microcomputer software package to serve as an education tool for understanding the relative importance of various physico-chemical and biochemical processes. The BIO1D code is especially useful for analyzing laboratory data from column experiments.
BIO1D includes a preprocessor which enables the user to prepare input data interactively. The preparation includes features such as inputting new data and storing them in a disk file, or reading data from a disk file and editing them. The BIO1D preprocessor has built-in error recovery procedures to forgive most input errors made by a user during interaction.
A run-time monitor is displayed and updated constantly as the simulation progresses. The user may run the simulation for a certain time period, monitoring its behavior, and then choose a different set of run-time options for the rest of the simulation. The options include printing concentrations, cumulative mass balance information, and selecting plotting intervals. Advanced debugging options such as iteration information, nodal mass balance tables, displacement matrices, and matrix solver monitors are also available at run time.
- Advective and dispersive transport of a hydrocarbon and an electron acceptor (e.g., oxygen).
- Aerobic biodegradation using modified Monod function.
- Anaerobic biodegradation for both substances.
- Linear, Freundlich, and Langmuir adsorption isotherms for both substances.
- Dirichlet, Neumann, and Cauchy boundary conditions modified to include first-order degradation.
- Cumulative mass balance report.
- Output is in a format required by SURFER and other graphics packages.
- Transport is one-dimensional.
- Flow field is uniform (constant velocity).
- Material properties of both substances are uniform throughout the medium.
- Only one reactive substrate is considered per simulation.
- Microbial density is assumed constant.
IBM-PC or compatible with 640K RAM, math coprocessor. Optional hardware includes HP LaserJet, Epson, IBM, Okidata, Centronics and compatible printers, and Houston Instruments and Hewlett Packard or compatible plotters for hardcopy output.
Συνδεθείτε με τα επόμενα ενδιαφέροντα Sites και δεν θα χάσετε!
Κατάλογος εργαλείων προγραμματισμού σε Windows και για τον Web
Κατάλογος επιστημονικών προγραμμάτων της MP & Associates που είτε δεν υπάρχει αντιπρόσωπος στην Ελλάδα και έτσι τα εισάγουμε είτε υπάρχει και μπορούμε να σας τα προμηθεύσουμε μέσω αυτού.
Τελευταία Ενημέρωση 27 Ιουλίου 2004 - Last Revised on MJuly 27th 2004
Copyright 1998-2005 MP & Associates - Φορμίωνος 119-121 - ΑΘΗΝΑ 16121 - Τηλ: (210) 7600955 - Fax: (210) 7600956