ADVANCED 3D COMPLEX TERRAIN EMERGENCY RELEASE RISK MODEL
SEVEX View is a commercially available advanced 3D complex terrain gas model! This state-of-art model is extraordinarily powerful, capable of providing realistic modeling of complex three dimensional emergency releases. Both UNIX/LINUX and Windows versions are available, making this unique model extremely versatile and able to run on your choice of today's hottest operating systems.
SEVEX View Summary
SEVEX View is the result of a cooperation of Lakes Environmental Software, ATM-Pro, the Walloon Region of Belgium, the Faculte Polytechnique de Mons, the Universite Catholique de Louvain, the Universite de Liege, and SOLVAY.
SEVEX View can perform with high accuracy:
BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion)
SEVEX View can model a sudden release of a large mass of pressurized superheated liquid to the atmosphere (BLEVE). SEVEX View calculates the:
- rapid vaporization of the liquid
- expansion of the vapor out of the vessel
- shock wave
- ignition of the cloud
- radiation effect of the fireball
Catastrophic (e.g. instantaneous tank rupture)
Continuous (e.g. breach in a vessel without any means to stop the leakage)
Transient (e.g. similar to continuous but leakage can be stopped (i.e. via a valve))
2 Phase Flow
Pool Formation and Evaporation
Dense Gas Dispersion
Vapor Cloud Explosion
Fireball Thermal Radiation
Additional Technical Information:
SEVEX View is software designed to estimate risks zones around hazardous materials handling and storage facilities like chemical activities, railway marshalling yards, ports area or pipe-line terminals.
SEVEX View computes all the aspects and consequences of accidental releases of hazardous materials (toxic or flammable) through a set of coherent scientific models:
These different modules are linked together and implemented into a user-friendly interface. Starting from a source description (or accidental release scenario) deduced from a safety analysis, SEVEX View enables the user to produce maps directly usable by emergency planning teams. These maps show various danger zones considering toxicity, overpressure and heat effects. Three levels of danger are taken into account : temporary diseases, permanent injuries out door and danger indoor. SEVEX View maps show also where no danger is expected. This information enables the user to define clearly the behavior to adopt facing the danger: no change in behavior, avoiding exposure advised, self-confinement or evacuation.
- The source term module (SEVEX-SOURCE) that includes calculations of: gaseous, liquid and two-phase flow rates, jet dispersion, aerosol vaporization, pool formation and evaporation, dense gas dispersion, unconfined vapor cloud explosion (UVCE) and fireball thermal radiation (BLEVE). For quick assessment purposes allowing to design the most relevant scenarios and situations, the SEVEX-SOURCE module can be coupled to simple Gaussian dispersion model.
- The 3-D meso-meteorological module (SEVEX-MESO) is a 3-D numerical model solving the simplified Navier-Stokes equations for the wind flow in a vorticity mode. This model takes into account the topography and the main surface characteristics such as roughness length, heat and radiation transfer between the surface and the atmosphere which extends up to 2000 m. Computations are made for different synoptic wind speeds and directions during cloudy days and clear nights. Those situations have been chosen because they lead to the worst dispersion conditions.
- The 3-D dispersion module (SEVEX-TOXIC) is a Lagrangian dispersion model. It simulates passive transportation and dispersion of particles of toxic or irritating substances at a rate and in a state given by the SEVEX-SOURCE module. The wind fields and turbulence characteristics are taken from the SEVEX-MESO module.
The outputs of SEVEX View are compiled into a database of potential accident maps showing accidental scenario information (substance, effects, danger to public, meteorological conditions, etc.), realistic mapping of risk zones corresponding to defined thresholds and behavior to adopt. In case of an emergency, this so-called "SEVEX Atlas" provides an immediate answer or anticipated decision about the behavior to adopt and the instructions to enforce in each danger zone.
Such anticipated decisions are the only way to avoid the chaos of misleading orders. Indeed SEVEX View prevention policy is to be prepared for the worst "realistic" situations. This will lead to conservative decisions for better conditions. SEVEX View integrates in each level of the analysis the inherent uncertainties of emergency situations and builds up the most suitable emergency plan on the basis of the very few certainties available.
SEVEX limits the problem to realistic danger extent and leads to an effective emergency response.
SEVEX View comes with a 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of technical support.
Advanced, realistic modeling is easy with SEVEX View!
Price Information - Please Contact Us
Phone: +30-(210) 760-0955
Fax: +30-(210) 760-0956
e-mail: env_info_at_mpassociates.gr (replace _at_ with @ in the e-mail address)
- UNIX: IBM RISC 6000 (power PC), Silicon Graphics (MIPS R 4000)
- At least 500 MB of available hard disk space (1GB recommended) and 32 MB of memory (RAM)
- CD-ROM drive (for installation)
- A IBM or IBM-compatible machine and a Pentium processor or higher
- At least 500 MB of available hard disk space and 32 MB of memory (RAM)
- Windows 95/98 or Windows NT/2000/XP
- CD-ROM drive (for installation)