3D View Introduction
3D View Sample Animations
3D View Key Features
3D View System Requirements
SLAB 3D View
SLAB 3D View is a
three-dimensional visualization software for the SLAB
View program. SLAB View
gave you a two-dimensional depiction of the creation and spread of a
plume caused by an accidental release of chemicals. SLAB 3D View
takes this to the next level giving you the first three-dimensional
visualization of the creation and spread of the airborne plume
generated in SLAB View.
SLAB 3D View dramatically improves visualization of accidental
release predictions. This is very important when presenting results
to non-experts, litigation support, and public hearings.
SLAB 3D View easily guides you to produce high impact results and
makes interpretation of complex data a snap. It also facilitates the
understanding of time-dependent concentration and exposure duration.
Producing professional animations of release migration is easy and
automatic in SLAB 3D View.
SLAB 3D View
SLAB 3D View Key
Some features that will save you a hours and enhance your
- The complete freedom to manipulate the 3D model any way you
want. You can rotate the image on three separate axes, zoom in and
out on the image, switch to wire-frame mode, reset the image,
adjust the timestep backwards and forwards, and switch to preview
mode for much faster manipulation of the image.
- Seamlessly import any existing SLAB View project or data to
produce instant 3D visualization.
- The SLAB 3D View User's Guide includes pictures and graphical
information to assist you in quickly applying SLAB View to your
- The ability to save any particular view you may want to
revisit and to access any saved views from a convenient list of
- Easily create and play three-dimensional animation showing the
growth of the airborne plume over time.
- Display site maps as terrain for your 3D model from a variety
of sources including AutoCAD DXF and USGS DLG files.
- SLAB 3D View comes with a context-sensitive "Help that really
helps," which provides you with a very clear explanation of the
- Complete control over plume visualization including the
ability to choose specific timesteps, change contour concentration
levels, apply vertical exaggeration and specify mesh detail.
SLAB 3D View comes with 1 year of free upgrades and 1 year of
SLAB 3D View System
- An IBM or IBM-compatible machine and a Pentium processor or
- At least 50 MB of available hard disk space
- At least 32 MB of memory (RAM) (64+ MB is highly recommended)
- Windows 95/98 or Windows NT
- CD-ROM drive (for installation)