WATER SURFACE PROFILES
Computes Water Surface Profiles Through Channels, Culverts and Bridges
Water Surface Profiles uses HEC-2 and WSPRO methodology to compute flows or channels, bridges, culverts, etc. This module gives you everything you need to produce a comprehensive and effective hydraulic analysis - powerful plan and profile and cross-section.
- Now inside MicroStation!
- Run HEC-RAS River Analysis System from within Water Surface Profiles.
- Generate input cross sections following any geometry desired.
- More custom settings for cross-section plots and plan and profile plots.
If you need a package that uses standard HEC-2 methodology and follows a logical process to input the information required to run the calculations, Water Surface Profiling meets your needs. The file management system allows you to evaluate multiple stream alignments in one project.
- Perform steady flow calculations.
- One-dimensional flow can be accounted for.
- The standard energy equation as defined in HEC-2, WSPRO or WSPG is used in calculations.
- Water Surface Profiling reads and writes HEC-2 data files.
- Ability to import the 80,000+ studies done by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, FEMA, etc., into an easy-to-use module.
- The HEC-2 Standard Step method for open channel flow and the HEC-2 Special Bridge method for bridges are available.
- Supports FHWA inlet and outlet equations for culverts (HDS-5).
- The original HEC-2 program can be run from within Water Surface Profiles.
- The Direct Step method is used in culvert and sewer calculations.
- Complete supercritical flow analysis is available for culverts.
- A mixed regime flow analysis with hydraulic jump calculation is provided.
Powerful Cross-Section Processing
- There are no limits on the number of points defining a cross-section as in some other applications.
- Store an unlimited number of cross-sections.
- Cut cross-sections from contours or TINs created with Surface Modeling.
- Over 50 predefined ASCII formats for importing and exporting cross-sectional information are available including: HEC-2 - WSPRO - FHWA.
- Interpolation of cross-sections is provided.
- A cross-section could be normal or skewed with the alignment, or it could be a user-defined fixed shape.
Hydraulic Data Input
- Analyze flow through any combination of irregular channel, bridge, culvert and weir/road overflow conditions.
- Any shape and size of channel can be analyzed.
- Individual n-values can be specified for your channels.
- Automatic generation of overbank stations, reach length, flows and Manning's coefficients.
- Global editing capability.
Bridge Flow Analysis
- Water Surface Profiling uses energy and momentum equations to determine the flow under bridges.
- The energy loss for low flow and submerged or unsubmerged pressure flow, based upon pier and abutment locations, is calculated automatically.
- The system's built-in intelligence balances weir or road overflow if necessary.
Culvert Flow Analysis
- Standard FHWA HDS-5 methodology is used for analysis of multiple barrel circular and/or box culverts.
- Evaluate inlet and outlet control.
- Entrance losses, pressure and/or weir flow are accounted for in Water Surface Profiles.
- Weir and orifice coefficients can be input during the analysis process.
Flow Regime Analysis
- Water Surface Profiles determines critical depth and calculates initial and final depths through hydraulic jumps.
- Analyze flood plain using encroachment alignments.
- Perform multi-flood analysis.
- A stage-discharge rating curve is generated at each section.
- Hundreds of individual settings are available in cross-section plots, allowing you to produce sheets that meet your standards. Store your personalized setup in our library for future projects. Automatically place your personalized sheet border on every sheet.
- Plot cross-section sheets with as many as five different water elevations plotted in each cross-section.
- Water Surface Profiles' cross-section plots allow you to customize your annotation.
Plan and Profile Plots
- Water Surface Profiles automatically annotates scales, North Arrows, profile elevations, profile stations, profile datums and much more, while giving you the ability to choose the annotation text.
- After your sheets have been created, perform on-screen sheet adjustments to move your plan view up or down, move your profile up or down, move the entire sheet left or right and rotate your plan.
- Plot flood plain and flood way boundaries on the plan drawing automatically.
- Plot plan and profile sheets with as many as five different scenarios per sheet.
PC 486/Pentium with 4 MB RAM and AutoCAD R12 or higher.
Συνδεθείτε με τα επόμενα ενδιαφέροντα Sites και δεν θα χάσετε
Κατάλογος εργαλείων προγραμματισμού σε Windows και για τον Web
Κατάλογος επιστημονικών προγραμμάτων της MP & Associates που είτε δεν υπάρχει αντιπρόσωπος στην Ελλάδα και έτσι τα εισάγουμε είτε υπάρχει και μπορούμε να σας τα προμηθεύσουμε μέσω αυτού
Τελευταία Ενημέρωση 27 Ιουλίου 2004 - Last Revised on July 27, 2004
Copyright 1998-2005 MP & Associates - Φορμίωνος 119-121 - ΑΘΗΝΑ 16121 - Τηλ: (210) 7600955 - Fax: (210) 7600956