The Airport Pavement Structural Design System (APSDS) is the
leading edge pavement design package for Airports and Heavy Industrial Pavements
such as intermodal container terminal pavements.
The unique APSDS methodology
rigorously incorporates lateral vehicle wander and state-of-the-art pavement
material properties and performance models.
APSDS calculates the cumulative damage induced by the whole
traffic spectrum comprising any combination of aircraft types and load
Any current design methodology can be used.
Easy to use, yet comprehensive
- results in tabular form and report quality graphs.
- Sample plot of lateral distribution
of cumulative damage predicted by APSDS
- no limit on the number of aircraft types or loading
- actual multi-wheel gear layout
- wander statistics specified by standard deviation
- analysis explicitly uses specified spectrum
- no erroneous short-cuts such as "equivalent" single
- special loadings such as braking included
- does not require conversion to coverages
- multi-layered pavement system
- isotropic and anisotropic materials
- wide range of performance criteria includes all
popular models, including Shell and Corps of Engineers.
- define your own criteria
386DX, 486DX or Pentium-based PC.
386SX and 486SX
PC's require optional numeric coprocessor.
Microsoft Windows 3.1 or later and Microsoft Excel for
Windows 5.0 or later.
here to view an Overview paper that describes the theory and
applications for APSDS
short overview paper from the ICAO Journal
- Calibration to Full Scale
- Interaction Effects for