CIRCLY is the leading pavement design software for roads and
highways. CIRCLY implements a rigorous flexible mechanistic pavement design
methodology that incorporates state-of-the-art pavement material properties and
performance models. CIRCLY is an integral component of the AUSTROADS Australian
Pavement Design Guide.
Easy to use, yet comprehensive
- pavement and loading databases eliminate need to
constantly re-key information.
- results in tabular form and report quality graphs.
- Sample plot of lateral distribution of
cumulative damage predicted by CIRCLY
- report quality hard copies can be made on the wide range
of printers and plotters supported by Microsoft Windows.
- results can be easily exported to other application
packages such as spreadsheets for further processing.
- multi-layered pavement system
- isotropic and anisotropic materials
- wide range of performance criteria includes all popular
- define your own criteria
- automatic sub-layer generation for granular materials.
- no limit on the number of vehicle types or loading
- analysis explicitly uses specified spectrum
- erroneous short-cuts such as "equivalent" axles are not
- special loadings such as braking included
This Australian designed system has been developed by
Melbourne company MINCAD Systems. It has been in regular use in Australia and
World-wide for more than two decades proving its worth in thousands of design
applications. Since 1987 it has formed an integral part of the Austroads
Pavement Design Guide which has recently been adopted by Transit New Zealand for
use in New Zealand.
Benefits from CIRCLY
CIRCLY offers benefits to all parties involved in designing,
constructing, owning and using pavements.
- Designers benefit from the inclusion of automated
functions and faster analyses.
- Material suppliers will make significant saving because
the costs and dangers of over-specification or under-specification due to
inaccurate information are significantly reduced.
- The facility owner benefits from more efficient use of
materials and will reap long term benefits because changing traffic patterns
on proposed designs can be considered and planned for.
- The community will benefit from increased efficiency and
effectiveness in building this essential infrastructure.
486DX or Pentium-based PC.
8 Mb RAM
Microsoft Windows 3.1 or later and Microsoft
Excel for Windows 5.0 or later.