CoPlot Home Page
CoPlot can auto-record your actions in simple macros, or you can program
sophisticated macros with the macro programming language.
Macro Features -
- Macro : Play lets you specify how many times you want to play a
- You can assign macros to buttons on the macro toolbar, which can be made
to appear right below the regular toolbar.
- The Java-like syntax is easy for programmers familiar with C, C++, Java,
Fortran, Basic, or Pascal to learn.
- The macro language is a real language. It supports variables with
different data types, Java/C-style operators (+, -, *, /, |, ^, = =, =, +=,
etc.) with standard operator precedence, control structures (if, else, do,
do...while, for), functions (including lots of built-in functions), and
- The built-in compiler gives useful error messages (in the unlikely event
you will ever need them ;-) ).
- CoPlot can play macros one command at a time in order to help you debug
Examples of Uses for Macros -
- Assign frequently used processes to a button on the macro button bar.
- Menus and dialog boxes are fine for normal program use. But if there are
things that you do frequently, you can save a lot of time by recording a macro
and assigning the macro to a button on the button bar. Then, a whole series of
actions can be reduced to clicking a single button. This is a great way to
customize the program.
- In CoPlot, make a macro to change a series of drawings.
- Sometime, you may need to make the same changes to a series of drawings
(for example, using Edit : Graph : Title : Text Height to change the
height of the title to 0.2). If you record a macro when you make the
changes to the first drawing, you can simply replay the macro for subsequent
- In CoStat, store all the commands in a multi-part analysis.
- For example, File : Load, Statistics : Descriptive, Statistics :
Regression. You can then rerun the analysis with another data file. Or,
write a macro to do a series of polynomial regressions (Degree=1, 2,
3, and 4).
- In CoText, automate routine or unusual operations.
- For example, search and replace are fine for single lines of text. But
with a macro, the "Replace With" text can include multi-line blocks
of text or other commands (Home, End, Left, Right, Up, Down,
CoPlot Home Page |
All material Copyright © 1996-2001 CoHort Software. All rights